Monday 7 May 2018

A bit too busy to blog at the moment...


I haven't had much chance to blog in weeks!  Straight after the Knit and Stitch Show at the Rheged Centre, I had three days of the City and Guilds Creative Sketchbook course I'm doing at Gillian Cooper's studio, followed by the Quilters' Guild annual conference weekend to prepare for, where I was teaching and lecturing, then a day with the Stockton-on-Tees sashiko class, before coming to Japan.  We went straight up to Hirosaki for the Kogin Festival (kogin is counted sashiko), then to Yamagata city for Yuza Sashiko's big exhibition, followed by Kyoto (my first time there) and Tokyo... Many photos taken and lots to write about, but no time for now!  Today I am seeing Kabuki for the first time, if we can get tickets.



I'm traveling with Katie from Japan Crafts.


With Keiko Kawamoto of Olympus at the Kogin Festival (far right) and a friend of Jane MacDonald (BeBe Bold).




My students' work on display at Yuza Sashiko Guild's exhibition.


No comments: